On Tuesday 28th of January, we had a presentation at the European Parliament about the Innovation Radar initiative and the results of its two supporting project: MERLIN and IRSUS. The working breakfast was hosted by the Vice-Chair of the Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE) Committee of the EP, the MEP Lina Galvez Muñoz. More than 50 attendees interested in the startup and investment ecosystem participated in this event.
This event allowed us to oficially present to members of the European Parliament the work performed in the context of the Innovation Radar, presented by the DG Connect of the European Commission, the main results of the work performed over the last two years of the projects MERLIN and IRSUS, as well as a couple of successful participants, who described their experience and evolution, LeanXcale and MedVC.
During the presentation, the importance of innovation for the future of Europe in the new digital economy was emphasized. In this regard, the European Commission is working on the next Horizon Europe financing program, which will offer even more sources of financing for companies and research centers.
The agenda of the breakfast is shown below:
- Welcome and Introduction: Ms Lina Gálvez. MEP Vice-Chair- Committee on Industry, Research and Energy and member of the STOA panel.
- The Innovation Radar tool, methodology and H2020 initiatives: Mr Eoghan O’Neill, Policy Officer at DG Connect, Unit F3, Digital Innovation and Blockchain and Mr Luuk Borg, Project Officer at DG Connect, Unit F3, Digital Innovation and Blockchain.
- Presentation of results of IRSUS and MERLIN project: Mr Miguel García, IRSUS Project Coordinator, Zabala Innovation Consulting and Mr Brendan Rowen, MERLIN Project Representative, Bluspecs.
- IRSUS and MERLIN startup success stories: Mr Ricardo Jiménez, CEO and Founder at Leanxcale and Ms Maria Józefowicz, MedVC.
- Discussion and closing remarks: Ms. Lina Gálvez. MEP Vice-Chair- Committee on Industry, Research and Energy and member of the STOA panel.
More photos are available at our Flickr account.